Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pfft -- Corn Meal... what to do with it???

oh oh... my first blog post... better get a recipe up here!

I always have a lot of corn meal around, and really only use it for keeping bread or pizza from sticking to the baking stone. So I am always looking for a way to use some, with out actually making corn bread. Here is something I tried last night that worked out pretty good.

Chicago Deep Dish Pizza Style Dough


Makes enough for 2 Deep Dish Stuffed Pizzas in a 10 inch pan

6 cups of flour  -- 720 grams ( King Arthur's All purpose flour is my favorite here! )
3/4 cup corn meal -- 113 grams
1.9 cups warm water -- 468 grams
4 tblspoons of oil
2 teaspoons of salt -- 12 grams
1.5 tblspoon of yeast -- 13 grams
optional -- 3 tblspoons of Vital Wheat Gluten to make the crust chewy


- mix all ingredients
 -knead for 5-10 minutes
- raise till double
- roll out
- add ingredients
- bake (for deep dish, 375 F for 45 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment